Singapore Changi Airport (SIN)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
(Singapore City, Singapore)
Located on the eastern side of the island of Singapore, Changi International Airport (SIN) lies alongside the Straits of Singapore, close to the city. Also nearby, the Changi Coast Road is located alongside the western perimeter and runs parallel to the Airport Boulevard.
Close to Singapore Airport you will find Kampong Changi, Kampong Loyang and the Loyand Industrial Estate to the northwest, the Tampines New Town to the west, and the East Coast Parkway, which stretches along the southern waterfront.
Major roads located nearby Singapore Airport include the Tampines Expressway on the northern side of the island, the Pan-Island Expressway close to Simpang Bedok, and the Upper Changi Road next to the Bedok New Town.
Directions to Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) from the city centre:
Electronic Road Pricing in Singapore:
- Singapore Airport is located roughly 20 km / 12 km east of the downtown district
- Pan Island Highway (PIE) and the East Coast Parkway (ECP) link the city to the airport
- Follow the signs to the Airport Boulevard
- The Singapore road charges can be high
- Public transport is excellent and therefore traffic is often less congested than in many other major cities
- Singapore city has an electronic road pricing system
- This road pricing has replaced Singapore's previous manual system
- The system applies to the East Coast Parkway, Pan Island Highway, Ayer Rajah Expressway and the Central Expressway
- The road pricing system operates from Monday to Friday between 07:30 to 09:30
- Vehicles are also charged when entering the Central Business District between Monday and Friday from 07:30 to 19:00 and on Saturday from 07:30 to 14:00